Disney Movie Rewards Haunt & Flaunt Contest Rules
DISNEY MOVIE REWARDS HAUNT AND FLAUNT CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, ONLY 1 WILL WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Disney Movie Rewards Haunt And Flaunt Challenge ("Contest") is only open to entrants who, at the time of entry; natural persons who are legal residents of one of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or Canada (excluding Quebec), (b) 13 years of age or older, and (c) members of Disney Movie Rewards Loyalty Program ("DMR"). If an entrant is a minor, as defined by the jurisdiction of the entrant’s primary residence (“Minor”), permission of a parent or legal guardian is required to participate in the Contest. Entrants must not be an employee or director, or IRS dependent, immediate family member or individual residing in the same household of, an employee or director, of Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. ("BVHE"), its parent, and any subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies of each, Prize Logic, LLC, or their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, web masters, web suppliers and any prize provider. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules ("Official Rules") and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
3. Administrator: Prize Logic, LLC, 25200 Telegraph Road, Southfield, MI 48033.
4. Timing: The “Entry Period” begins at 9:00:00 AM Pacific Time ("PT") on October 13, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on October 25, 2017. The “Judging Period” will run concurrently to the Entry Period, and end by October 26, 2017, after which three (3) finalists will be determined, as described in Section 8. The “Voting Period” begins at 9:00:00 AM PT on October 31, 2017 and ends at 12:59:59 PM PT on October 31, 2017. The Entry Period, Judging Period, and Voting Period are collectively defined as the "Contest Period".
5. How to Enter: As noted in the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1, you must be a member of DMR at the time of entry to enter the Contest. If you are not a member of DMR you may become a member by visiting http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com (the “DMR Website”). Membership is free.
An eligible entrant may submit an original photograph depicting his/her best Halloween costume inspired by Disney, Marvel, Star Wars or Pixar characters which complies with these Official Rules (“Photo”) to obtain one (1) entry into the Contest by using one (1) of the three (3) methods of entry set forth below. NOTE: creation of original costumes from materials available on hand at home is strongly encouraged.
A. Twitter: An entrant may log on to his/her Twitter account and post a Photo, including the hashtag #DMRHauntandFlauntContest.
B. Instagram: An entrant may log on to his/her Instagram account and post a Photo, including the hashtag #DMRHauntandFlauntContest.
C. Website: An entrant may log on to https://www.disneymovierewards.com/hauntandflauntcontest (“Website”) and follow the on-screen prompts to upload a Photo. If submitting a Photo on the Website, the Photo must not exceed 5MB and must be in one (1) of the following file formats: .jpg, .png, .bmp, .tif.
NOTE: If an entrant enters the Contest from a mobile device, the entrant’s wireless service provider may charge the entrant for applicable data charges. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply. Entrants should review their mobile device’s capabilities for specific app instructions.
Limit: Regardless of method of entry, there is a limit of one (1) entry per eligible entrant during the entire Entry Period.
6. Sponsor’s Intellectual Property (“IP”) and General Entry Terms: Each entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, sublicensable, irrevocable and royalty-free worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights to use, reproduce, transmit, print, publish, publicly display, exhibit, distribute, redistribute, copy, index, comment on, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon, publicly perform, make available and otherwise exploit such Photo, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, on third-party sites and platforms such as Facebook and Twitter), in any number of copies and without limit as to time, manner and frequency of use, without further notice to entrant, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of permission from or payment to entrant or any other person or entity.
To the extent that Sponsor authorizes entrant to create, post, upload, distribute, publicly display a Photo that requires the use of Sponsor copyrighted works, Sponsor grants entrant a non-exclusive and revocable license to create a derivative work using Sponsor copyrighted works only as required for sole the purpose of creating the Photo, provided that such license shall be conditioned upon entrant’s assignment to Sponsor of all rights in the work entrant creates. If such rights are not assigned to Sponsor, entrant’s license to create derivative works using Sponsor copyrighted works shall be null and void. Entrants are not permitted to make any further use of Sponsor’s copyrighted works for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, entrants recognize that all rights, title, and interest in Sponsor’s copyrighted works shall remain exclusively with the Sponsor, and entrant agrees that he or she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title or interest in and to the Sponsor’s copyrighted works except for the limited license granted to entrant in these Official Rules is transferred or created. Each entrant further acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor’s copyrighted works rights are valid and enforceable, and that entrant shall do nothing to challenge the validity or enforceability of Sponsor’s copyrighted works in any forum. Entrants agree that the use of Sponsor’s copyrighted works is permitted only for the purpose of submitting a Photo in this Contest, and that any use of Sponsor’s copyrighted works (whether in a Photo submission or otherwise) beyond this scope infringes the rights of Sponsor and will result in irreparable harm to Sponsor.
Additionally, each entrant consents to the use of the names, account names, social handle names, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses of such entrant and any other person appearing in the Photo for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Contest, including posting on Facebook Live for voting purposes, if selected as a potential Finalist, as further described in Section 9 of these Official Rules.
If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Photo.
7. Photo Guidelines and Requirements: Each Photo:
A. Must comply with Twitter’s or Instagram’s posting requirements depending upon the platform on which/if the Photo is posted;
B. Must not exceed 5MB and must be in one (1) of the following file formats if submitted on the Website: .jpg, .png, .bmp, .tif;
C. Must be the original work of the entrant (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other source and not a collaboration with any other person) and must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement, or legal or moral rights of any third party, living or deceased (e.g., names, logos, symbols, slogans, submissions that belong to others, entries of other people, quotes from other people, or parodies of other people);
D. Must not have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind;
E. Must have approval from any persons appearing in the Photo and the entrant must be able to provide express written consent of every such person appearing in the Photo to Sponsor and/or Administrator if requested;
F. Must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
G. Must not include personally identifiable information in the Photo;
H. Sponsor discourages use of any logos, brand names or trademarks other than Sponsor’s, which Sponsor has granted entrant a limited license to use for purposes of this Contest as set forth in these Official Rules. Use of logos, brand names or trademarks may be permitted provided such brand names or logos are not prominently featured. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entrant, if Sponsor believes, in its sole and absolute discretion, that there is any inappropriate use of a logo, brand name, or trademark;
I. Must comply with all other Photo Guidelines and Requirements described in this Section 7 and all other provisions of these Official Rules;
J. Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is dangerous, fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
K. Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
i. any cruelty to, or mistreatment in any way of animals;
ii. gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
iii. the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, any illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, or the use of alcohol or tobacco products;
iv. the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
L. Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way;
M. Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age; and
N. Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Photo is created or otherwise promotes any unlawful, illegal, unsafe, dangerous or reckless behavior.
NOTE: If any Photo fails to comply with any of these Photo Guidelines and Requirements or any other provisions of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the entrant.
8. Judging, Selection of Semi-Finalists, and Finalists: During the Judging Period, all eligible Photos received during the Entry Period will be judged by a panel of judges comprised of representatives of the Sponsor (“Judges”) to determine the twenty (20) Semi-Finalists and three (3) Finalists as set forth below. The Judges will score each Photo according to the following weighted judging criteria (collectively, “Judging Criteria”): (i) Creativity: 33%; (ii) Captures the Disney Spirit: 34%; and (iii) Quality of the Costume: 33%.
The twenty (20) Photos that receive the highest scores from the Judges will each be deemed a potential “Semi-Finalist”. In the event of a tie in determining a Semi-Finalist, all tied Photos will be reviewed by the Judges and the Photo(s) with the highest score in the “Capturing the Disney Spirit” Judging Criteria will be named a potential Semi-Finalist. In the event of a further tie, the Photo with the higher score in “Creativity” will be named a potential Semi-Finalist. Decisions of the Sponsor, Administrator and Judges are final and binding.
Each potential Semi-Finalist will be notified by e-mail or direct message from @DisneyDMR or @DisneyMovies, if entrant entered on Twitter/Instagram, with instructions on how to verify his/her eligibility (“Notification”) and must thereafter respond to the Notification via phone within 24 hours. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Finalist may result from any of the following: (a) potential Semi-Finalist’s failure to respond to the Notification within 24 hours (if entered by Instagram or Twitter); (b) fails to call the telephone number to provide his/her requested information within 24 hours; (c) the return of an e-mail notification as undeliverable; (d) potential Semi-Finalist’s failure to provide Administrator/Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; and (e) any non-compliance with these Official Rules.
On October 30, 2017 at approximately 5:00 PM PT, the three (3) Semi-Finalists whose eligibility was successfully verified as described above with the highest scores from the Judges will each be named a “Finalist.” In the event of a tie, the tie breaker criteria set forth earlier in this Section 8 will be applied.
In the event that a potential Semi-Finalist is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will name an alternative potential Finalist as the Photo with the next-highest Judges Score, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
9. Public Voting and Determination of Winner: During the Voting Phase, the three (3) Finalists will be posted to the Disney Movie Rewards Facebook page at www.facebook.com/DisneyMovieRewards (the “Page”). Interested individuals may log on to Facebook, visit the Page, and follow the on-screen prompts to cast a vote for his/her favorite Finalist. Limit one (1) vote per person. Votes received from any person or Facebook account in excess of the limits set forth herein will be void. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Voting must be completed by the actual person casting the vote. A person may not submit multiple votes using different e-mail addresses or multiple identities. A person may not vote on behalf of another person. Subsequent votes during the Voting Phase by a single voter or Facebook account will be disqualified. Votes intended to improperly impact the integrity of the voting process, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, are void. Payment or other consideration or inducement, including but not limited to merchandise, cash, online currency, discounts, vote trading or anything deemed to have value in exchange for votes, is prohibited.
At the conclusion of the Voting Period, the one (1) Finalist with the most votes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be named the “Grand Prize Winner”, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The remaining two (2) Finalist will each be named a “Runner Up”, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. All potential winners from Canada will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize or such prize will be forfeited. For U.S. residents, the prizes, as described in Section 10, will be fulfilled approximately eight (8) to ten (10) weeks following winner verification. For Canadian residents, the prizes will be fulfilled the later of either approximately two (2) to three (3) weeks after the receipt of their skill test or approximately eight (8) to ten (10) weeks following winner verification.
Acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, video and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, the Internet and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
10. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize Winner will receive: a “Haunted Mansion Attraction” picture disc vinyl, a “Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House” vinyl, MONSTERS, INC. Blu-ray + Digital HD, MONSTERS UNIVERSITY Blu-ray + Digital HD, HOCUS POCUS Blu-ray + DVD, THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD SPECIAL EDITION Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD, and FRANKENWEENIE Blu-ray + DVD (collectively, the “Grand Prize”). The ARV of the Grand Prize is USD $190.42 / CAD $236.68.
TWO (2) RUNNER UP PRIZES: Each Runner Up will receive: a Nightmare Before Christmas picture 2-disc vinyl and TIM BURTON'S THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRSTMAS Blu-ray + DVD (collectively, the “Runner Up Prize”). The ARV of each Runner Up Prize is USD $49.97 / CAD $62.12.
The total ARV of all prizes is USD $290.36 CAD $360.92.
Additional Terms and Conditions: A prize may not be declined once awarded to and accepted by winner. Prize may not be bartered, transferred, sold, separated, substituted, or redeemed for cash value in whole or in part. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a listed prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or component should become unavailable for any reason or unreasonably difficult to fulfill. Federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local taxes and all other expenses not specified herein are winner's sole responsibility.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
11. Limitations on Liability: By entering, entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Instagram Inc., any other prize providers, and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively "Released Parties") will have no liability whatsoever, and shall be released and held harmless by entrants, for any injuries, claims, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest or participation in any Contest-related activity, or entrant’s failure to comply with the Official Rules. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any winner or any other person for failure to supply any prize(s) or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ control. The Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen entries; or for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to: errors in advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of prizes; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for miscommunications, failed computer, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, technical or network; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information; or for any misdirection or delay of any e-mail to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with the Contest; or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; or for any personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of receipt or use or misuse of any prize produced and/or manufactured by a prize provider or other third party.
12. General Conditions: Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility. Sponsor may also disqualify any person that acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or for any other good cause reason solely determined by Sponsor. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and select winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding prize claims or entries received from multiple users having the same address, the authorized subscriber of the address at the time of entry used to enter, and not the name on the entry form, will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
13. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, USA.
15. Winners List: To obtain the names of the winners, send a properly stamped self-addressed envelope, by December 30, 2017 to Disney Movie Rewards Haunt and Flaunt Challenge, Winners List, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325 USA.
© 2017 Disney
Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Instagram is a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc.
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc., Instagram, Inc., or Facebook, Inc.
All currency conversions based on listed exchange rate as of September 28, 2017.
You Might Also Like
S&P costs for this reward
S&P costs for this reward