DISNEY’S Aladdin – A Whole new adventure SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Disney’s Aladdin – A Whole New Adventure Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is only open to entrants who, at the time of entry, are: (a) natural persons who are legal residents of one of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or Canada (excluding Quebec), (b) 13 years of age or older, and (c) members of Disney Movie Rewards Loyalty Program ("DMR"). If an entrant is a minor, as defined by the jurisdiction of the entrant’s primary residence (“Minor”), permission of a parent or guardian is required to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entrants must not be an employee or director, or IRS dependent, immediate family member or individual residing in the same household of, an employee or director, of Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. ("BVHE"), its parent, and any subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies of each, Prize Logic, LLC or their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, web masters, web suppliers and any prize provider. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules ("Official Rules") and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Administrator: Prize Logic, LLC, 25200 Telegraph Road, Southfield, MI 48033, USA.
4. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Pacific Time ("PT") on August 10, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on January 30, 2016 ("Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer is the Sweepstakes’ official clock.
5. How to Enter: As noted in the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1, you must be a member of DMR at the time of entry to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are not a member of DMR you may become a member by visiting http://www.disneymovierewards.com/AladdinSweeps (the “DMR Website”). Membership is free. You must register for the Sweepstakes initially through the DMR Website. Standard internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider will apply. Once you are logged into your DMR member account, you may enter the Sweepstakes by navigating to the "Sweepstakes" tab and following the links and instructions to enter. Once you click where indicated, you will automatically receive 1 entry into the Sweepstakes drawing. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit the DMR Website and follow the online instructions to receive additional entries into the Sweepstakes.
6. Additional Sweepstakes Entries: After entering the Sweepstakes as described above, you may redeem DMR points for up to 99 additional Sweepstakes entries during the Sweepstakes Period, with each such additional Sweepstakes entry qualifying you for 1 additional entry into the Sweepstakes drawing. For each additional entry you choose to redeem, 5 DMR points will be deducted from your account. To redeem DMR points for Sweepstakes entries, follow the links and instructions to select the number of entries you wish to earn using DMR points. DMR members may collect DMR points by entering codes obtained from specially-marked Blu-ray™ Discs, DVDs, or CDs, answering specially-identified surveys, qualifying for bonus points offers that may be presented at the DMR Website from time to time, in-member communications, and/or other methods as designated on the DMR Website. Please visit http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/page/terms-and-conditions.htm for additional information and terms for the DMR program.
Free Alternate Method of Entry for Additional Sweepstakes Entries: To receive up to 99 additional Sweepstakes entries into the Sweepstakes drawing without redeeming DMR points, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, the email address associated with your DMR account, and your age on a 3½" x 5" card and mail it with proper postage to Disney’s Aladdin – A Whole New Adventure Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1029, Neenah, WI 54956-1029 USA. Entries must be postmarked by January 30, 2016. You will be entered into the Sweepstakes 1 time for each 3½" x 5" card received by February 6, 2016, for up to 99 mail-in entries. Mail-in entries mailed in an envelope will not be accepted. All mail-in entries must be handwritten. Mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. Proof of sending or mailing of mail-in entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due mail-in entries, which will be disqualified.
7. General Conditions on Entry: Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, nor will any correspondence be exchanged with any entrant. Limit: Each entrant may receive up to 100 Sweepstakes entries in total during the Sweepstakes Period through a combination of the methods described above. Limit 1 prize per entrant/household. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Any use of any micro, robotic, automatic, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries affected by such methods and entrants using such methods will be disqualified. AN ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE(S) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Winner Selection: The odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions regarding the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from among all eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Period, on or around February 29, 2016.
Each potential winner will be notified by mail, e-mail and/or telephone. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return all documentation within the required time, fails to pass a skill test (Canadian residents only – see Section 11 for more details), is found to be ineligible or is non-compliant with the Official Rules for any reason, then the potential winner forfeits such prize and Administrator may select another potential prize winner, as time permits. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. In such cases where a prize is not accepted or where a prize is forfeited, there will, as necessary, be 3 alternate drawings, after which the prize, if not accepted by an eligible winner, will not be awarded. For U.S. residents, the First Prizes and Second Prizes, as described in Section 9, will be fulfilled approximately 8 to 10 weeks following winner verification. For Canadian residents, the First Prizes and Second Prizes will be fulfilled the later of either approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the receipt of their skill test or approximately 8 to 10 weeks following winner verification. Within 2 to 3 weeks from verification of the winner of the Grand Prize, Sponsor’s designee will contact the winner to book Grand Prize travel. Please allow 8 – 12 weeks for delivery of the first issue of the Third Prize.
9. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
1 GRAND PRIZE: 1 “Grand Prize Winner” will receive a 4-Night Bahamian Disney Cruise Line Vacation from Port Canaveral, Florida for 4 persons (Grand Prize Winner and 3 “Guests”) to be taken aboard the Disney Dream (“Ship”). The 4-Night Bahamian Cruise shall consist of the following:
a. 4 round trip coach airfares between the major gateway airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and Orlando International Airport, if the Grand Prize Winner resides outside a 200 mile radius of Orlando, FL. If the Grand Prize Winner lives within a 200 mile radius of Orlando, Florida, the Grand Prize Winner must arrange for ground transportation to Port Canaveral from the Grand Prize Winner’s home for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests at his/her own expense.
b. Round trip ground transportation from Orlando International Airport to and from Port Canaveral.
c. A 4-Night Bahamian Cruise on the Disney Dream leaving from Port Canaveral Florida for 4 persons and includes:
i. 1 stateroom aboard the Disney Dream. Maximum occupancy of 4 people.
ii. All meals onboard the Cruise Ship (with the exception of Palo and Remy Fine Dining).
iii. Pre-paid gratuities, Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses (as defined on the Disney Cruise Line website).
The estimated retail value of the 4-Night Bahamian Cruise (collectively referred to hereafter as “Grand Prize”) is USD $9,338.32 / CAD $12,193.06.
The following conditions apply:
1. Cruise must be booked at least 45 days prior to the intended travel dates and must be taken prior to January 31, 2017. Available sail dates can be viewed online at www. www.disneycruise.com
Travel dates: February 1, 2016 – January 31, 2017
Block Out Dates: March 21-25, 2016; June 13-August 1, 2016; December 26-30, 2016.
2. The Grand Prize is for the Grand Prize Winner and up to 3 Guests of the Grand Prize Winner’s choosing.
3. Minors under the age of 18 not traveling with a parent or legal guardian must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21 in the same stateroom. The parent or guardian of any minor not traveling with a parent or guardian must appoint an adult to have custody and control over their minor and to contract on their behalf in connection with the Disney Cruise Line vacation. An appointment form will be included in the document package and must be signed by parent or legal guardian prior to embarkation at the Disney Cruise Line terminal.
4. Grand Prize fulfillment is subject to availability and restrictions at Disney Cruise Line and airline seat availability. Travel may not occur during cruise ship or airline block-out periods, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. Grand Prize may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value.
6. Grand Prize elements may not be substituted and vacations are non-commissionable.
7. Grand Prize Winner and Guests are responsible for providing proper citizenship documentation to travel which may include passports, valid alien registration card and/or necessary visas. Those without proper citizenship documentation will be denied boarding. It is the Guests’ responsibility to check with their travel agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper citizenship documentation. U.S. Citizens can also visit the State Department’s travel website at www.travel.state.gov, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT for more information. Guests of all ages are strongly encouraged to obtain passports.
8. Actual final retail value of trip may be higher or lower based on departure. Grand Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Grand Prize Winner and all Guests must travel together on specified itinerary. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and providers approval. Any portion of a Grand Prize not accepted by Grand Prize Winner will be forfeited.
Items not included as part of the Grand Prize that are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner include: shore excursions; travel insurance; nursery charges; laundry service; spa treatments; alcoholic beverages; local and long distance telephone calls; ship to shore communications including internet; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; additional tips and gratuities; income and other taxes; transportation between Grand Prize Winner’s home and gateway airport; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
The Grand Prize Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Tickets issued in conjunction with this Sweepstakes have zero cash value. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel may not be permitted on any dates other than listed above. All travel dates are subject to approval by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Positive identification will be required at time of check-in. Checked luggage fees may apply, fees are charged each way, and are subject to change. Changes to reservations, once made, are not permitted. A per ticket surcharge will apply for paper tickets issued in markets where electronic ticketing is available. Substitutions will not be allowed. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, port adventures, travel insurance, nursery charges, laundry service, spa treatments, alcoholic beverages, local and long distance telephone calls, ship to shore communications including internet, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental expenses, additional tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, transportation between winner’s home and gateway airport, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein are the responsibility solely of the Grand Prize Winner. Guests must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. The Grand Prize Winner and guests are solely responsible for obtaining identification documents necessary for entering into and travel within the U.S. (if a Canadian resident) and points of destination. Sponsor is not responsible if for any reason Winner or travel companions are denied entry. A valid passport with 6 months validity remaining from the last date of travel will be required for all travelers. It is the Grand Prize Winner and each of his/her Guests’ responsibility to check with their government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper citizenship documentation. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
The Grand Prize may not be bartered, transferred, sold, or redeemed for cash value in whole or in part. The Grand Prize elements may not be substituted and Grand Prize is non-commissionable. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Grand Prize should become unavailable for any reason or unreasonably difficult to fulfill. The Grand Prize Winner must pay all applicable taxes and fees for the Grand Prize. Should the Grand Prize Winner elect to travel with fewer than 3 Guests, no additional compensation will be provided.
4 FIRST PRIZES: 4 First Prize winners will each receive a Genie collectible figurine (“First Prize”). The ARV of each First Prize is USD $150.00 / CAD $195.86. The ARV of all First Prizes is USD $600.00 / CAD $783.44.
100 SECOND PRIZES: 100 Second Prize winners will each receive a $25 Disney Gift Card (“Second Prize”). The ARV of each Second Prize is USD $25.00 / CAD $32.64. The ARV of all Second Prizes is USD $2,500.00 / CAD $3,264.00. The Disney Gift Card is redeemable the Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disney Store locations in the U.S., and DisneyStore.com. The Disney Gift Card is subject to the terms and conditions available at www.disneygiftcard.com/terms. The Disney Gift Card is denominated in United States Dollars. IMPORTANT NOTE FOR WINNERS FROM CANADA: Please note that the Disney Gift Card is only acceptable online at www.disneystore.com. It is not valid at the physical Disney Store locations outside the US.
100 THIRD PRIZES: 100 Third Prize winners will each receive a 1-year subscription (6 issues) to Disney Princess Magazine published by Redan Publishing, Inc. (“Third Prize”). Please allow 8 – 12 weeks for delivery of the first issue. The ARV of each Third Prize is USD $29.94 / CAD $35.94. The ARV of all Third Prizes is $2,994.00 / CAD $3,594.
Total ARV of all Sweepstakes prizes: USD $15,432.32 / CAD $19,834.50.
Additional Terms and Conditions: Prizes may not be declined once awarded to and accepted by winner. Prizes may not be bartered, transferred, sold, or redeemed for cash value in whole or in part. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason or unreasonably difficult to fulfill. Winners must pay all applicable taxes and fees for prizes accepted.
10. Limitations on Liability: By entering, entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator, Disney Destinations, LLC, prize providers and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively "Released Parties") will have no liability whatsoever, and shall be released and held harmless by entrants, for any injuries, claims, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity, or entrant’s failure to comply with the Official Rules. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any winner or any other person for failure to supply any prize(s) or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ control. The Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen entries; or for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: errors in advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of prizes; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for miscommunications, failed computer, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, technical or network; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information; or for any misdirection or delay of any e-mail to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or DMR Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes; or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or for any personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of receipt or use or misuse of any prize produced and/or manufactured by a prize provider or other third party.
11. General Conditions: Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility. Sponsor may also disqualify any person that acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or for any other good cause reason solely determined by Sponsor. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding prize claims or entries received from multiple users having the same address, the authorized subscriber of the address at the time of entry used to enter, and not the name on the entry form, will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
Except where legally prohibited, each winner grants (and agrees to confirm in writing) permission for the Released Parties to use his/her name, photograph, voice, likeness, and/or statements made by, or attributed to winner in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including, without limitation, on the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval or compensation and in perpetuity. To claim a prize, the winner (or if a Minor, Minor’s parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 10 days of the date the notice is sent an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (if winner is a Canadian resident, a declaration of compliance) and other paperwork. The Grand Prize winner’s travel companions may also be required to sign and return a liability and/or publicity release(s) and other paperwork at the same time the Grand Prize winner returns his/her affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (if the Grand Prize winner is a Canadian resident, the declaration of compliance) and other paperwork. All potential winners from Canada will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize or such prize will be forfeited.
If any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as further described in Section 8 above. Noncompliance with any of the foregoing or any portion of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and awarding of the prize to an alternate winner. Federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local taxes and all other expenses not specified herein are winner's sole responsibility. If a winner is a U.S. resident, he/she may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of his/her prize. Sponsor may assign all rights granted by entrants and winners hereunder to any party at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
12. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, U.S.A.
14. Winners List: To obtain the names of the winners, send a properly stamped self-addressed envelope, by March 16, 2016, to Disney’s Aladdin – A Whole New Adventure Sweepstakes, Winners List, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325 USA.
© 2015 Disney
All currency conversions based on listed exchange rate as of July 24, 2015.
Disney Cruise Line® and Disney Dream® are registered trademarks of Disney Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.