MARVEL STUDIOS 10 YEARS OF FANDOM SWEEPSTAKES – PHASE 1 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Marvel Studios 10 Years Of Fandom Sweepstakes – Phase 1 ("Sweepstakes") is only open to entrants who, at the time of entry, are: (a) natural persons who are legal residents of one of the United States (excluding North Dakota and South Dakota) and the District of Columbia, (b) reside within 50 miles of a Regal® Entertainment Group theatre location (locations are available online at https://www.regmovies.com/theaters), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (c) 13 years of age or older, and (d) members of Disney Movie Rewards Loyalty Program ("DMR"). If an entrant is a minor, as defined by the jurisdiction of the entrant’s primary residence (“Minor”), permission of a parent or guardian is required to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entrants must not be an employee or director, or IRS dependent, immediate family member or individual residing in the same household of, an employee or director, of Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. ("BVHE"), its parent, and any subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies of each, Prize Logic, LLC, Regal Entertainment Group® (“Regal”), or their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, web masters, web suppliers and any prize provider. Void in North Dakota, South Dakota and where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules ("Official Rules") and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
4. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time ("PT") on June 4, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on June 28, 2018 ("Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor's computer is the Sweepstakes’ official clock.
5. How to Enter: As noted in the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1, you must be a member of DMR at the time of entry to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are not a member of DMR you may become a member by visiting http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/sweepstakes/marvel10sweeps (the “DMR Website”). Membership is free. You must register for the Sweepstakes initially through the DMR Website. Standard internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider will apply. Once you are logged into your DMR member account, you may enter the Sweepstakes by navigating to the "Sweepstakes" tab and following the links and instructions to enter. Once you click where indicated, you will automatically receive 1 entry into the Sweepstakes drawing.
6. Additional Sweepstakes Entries Using DMR points: After entering the Sweepstakes as described above, you may redeem DMR points for up to 99 additional Sweepstakes entries during the Sweepstakes Period. For each additional Sweepstakes entry you will receive 1 additional entry into the Sweepstakes drawing. For each additional entry you redeem, 5 DMR points will be deducted from your account. To redeem DMR points for Sweepstakes entries, visit the DMR Website and follow the online instructions to select the number of additional entries into the Sweepstakes you wish to earn using DMR points. DMR members may collect DMR points by entering codes obtained from specially-marked Blu-ray™ Discs, DVDs, or CDs, answering specially-identified surveys, qualifying for bonus points offers that may be presented at the DMR Website from time to time, in-member communications, and/or other methods as designated on the DMR Website. Please visit http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/page/terms-and-conditions.htm for additional information and terms for the DMR program.
Free Alternate Method of Entry for Additional Sweepstakes Entries: To receive up to 99 additional Sweepstakes entries into the Sweepstakes drawing without redeeming DMR points hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, the e-mail address associated with your DMR account, and your age on a 3½" x 5" card and mail it with proper postage to Marvel Studios 10 Years Of Fandom Sweepstakes – Phase 1, P.O. Box 1029, Neenah, WI 54956-1029. Entries must be postmarked by June 28, 2018. You will be entered into the Sweepstakes 1 time for each 3½" x 5" card received by July 3, 2018, for up to 99 mail-in entries. Mail-in entries mailed in an envelope will not be accepted. All mail-in entries must be handwritten. Mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. Proof of sending or mailing of mail-in entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due mail-in entries, which will be disqualified.
7. Bonus Sweepstakes Entries Through Regal Crown Club: After entering the Sweepstakes as described above, entrants may earn up to 15 bonus Sweepstakes entries during the Sweepstakes Period. Bonus Sweepstakes entry codes will be posted on the Regal social media pages, the Regal Crown Club® website, and the Regal Crown Club e-mail newsletter. Entrants may join the Regal Crown Club for free by visiting https://www.regmovies.com/crown-club#/account/register and completing the registration information. Once a bonus Sweepstakes entry code is available, an entrant may return to the Disney Movie Rewards Website and enter the bonus Sweepstakes entry code in the available field. An entrant will receive 5 Sweepstakes entries into the Sweepstakes drawing for each bonus Sweepstakes entry code entered, up to 15 total bonus Sweepstakes entries.
8. General Conditions on Entry: Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, nor will any correspondence be exchanged with any entrant. Limit: An entrant may receive up to 115 Sweepstakes entries in total during the Sweepstakes Period through a combination of the methods described above. Limit 1 prize per entrant/household. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Any use of any micro, robotic, automatic, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries affected by such methods and entrants using such methods will be disqualified. AN ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE(S) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Winner Selection: The odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions regarding the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, on or around July 5, 2018.
The potential winner will be notified by mail, e-mail and/or telephone. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, is found to be ineligible or is non-compliant with the Official Rules for any reason, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and Administrator may select another potential prize winner, as time permits. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. In such case where the prize is not accepted or where the prize is forfeited, there may, as necessary and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be 3 alternate drawings, after which the prize, if not accepted by an eligible winner, will not be awarded. Within 1 to 2 days from verification of the winner, Sponsor’s designee will contact the winner to arrange the prize. If the winner is a Minor, then the Sponsor’s designee will contact the winner’s parent/legal guardian to arrange the prize.
10. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
1 PRIZE: 1 winner will receive a private local screening of Ant-Man and the Wasp for the winner and up to 100 guests. Sponsor will coordinate with the winner a mutually agreeable time and date for the screening at a Regal theatre near the winner’s residence, as selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner and each guest must sign a Liability & Publicity Release in order to participate in the prize. If any of the winners or guests are a Minor, then his/her parent/legal guardian must sign the Liability & Publicity Release. Any guest under 13 years old must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian. Each parent accompanying a minor will be considered a guest. The winner and his/her guests are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including, but not limited to, concession items at the theater and transportation to and from the screening. In the event the winner and/or his/her guests engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or any prize provider, including, without limitation, Regal, in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the screening experience early. Private local screening must occur between July 8, 2018 and July 22, 2018, and is based on availability in the chosen winner’s market. While the Sponsor will attempt to schedule the screening with the winner, its decisions will be final and binding. Maximum capacity limits apply. Blackout dates may apply. Premium formats excluded. Additional restrictions, including those set forth by an individual theater, may apply. If a screening cannot be scheduled by July 22, 2018, the winner may forfeit the prize and Sponsor shall not have any further obligation to such winner. The ARV of the prize is $4,000.
Additional Terms and Conditions: Prize may not be declined once awarded to and accepted by winner. Prize may not be bartered, transferred, sold, or redeemed for cash value in whole or in part. Winner must pay all applicable taxes and fees for prize accepted.
11. Limitations on Liability: By entering, entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator, Regal, and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively "Released Parties") will have no liability whatsoever, and shall be indemnified, defended, released and held harmless by entrants, for and against any and all injuries, claims, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or entrant’s failure to comply with the Official Rules. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any winner or any other person for failure to supply any prize(s) or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ control. The Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen entries; or for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: errors in advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winner and distribution of prize; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for miscommunications, failed computer, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, technical or network; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information; or for any misdirection or delay of any e-mail to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, DMR Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes; or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or for any personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of receipt or use or misuse of any prize produced, provided, and/or manufactured by a prize provider, including, without limitation, Regal, or other third party.
12. General Conditions: Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility. Sponsor may also disqualify any person that acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or for any other good cause reason solely determined by Sponsor. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding prize claims or entries received from multiple users having the same address, the authorized subscriber of the address at the time of entry used to enter, and not the name on the entry form, will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
Except where legally prohibited, each winner grants (and agrees to confirm in writing) permission for the Released Parties to use his/her name, photograph, voice, likeness, and/or statements made by, or attributed to winner in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including, without limitation, on the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval or compensation and in perpetuity. To claim the prize, the winner (or if a Minor, Minor’s parent or legal guardian) will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 1 calendar day of the date the notice is sent an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release and other paperwork.
If any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as further described in Section 9above. Noncompliance with any of the foregoing or any portion of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and awarding of the prize to an alternate winner. Federal, state, and local taxes and all other expenses not specified herein are winner's sole responsibility. The winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of the prize. Sponsor may assign all rights granted by entrants and winners hereunder to any party at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
13. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, USA; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, USA.
15. Winners List: To obtain the names of the winners, send a properly stamped self-addressed envelope, by August 27, 2018 to Marvel Studio 10 Years Of Fandom Sweepstakes – Phase 1, Winners List, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325 USA.
Regal Entertainment Group, Regal, and Regal Crown Club are registered trademarks of Regal Entertainment Group. All rights reserved.